The Closed Free Motion Spring Foot gives great visibility around the foot when free motion quilting or sewing. The closed and round shape of the foot prevents threads or fabrics from getting stuck in the foot. The vertical and horizontal markings on the foot are useful as stitch guides. The spring action keeps the fabric from lifting with the needle as the stitch is being formed which helps eliminate thread breakage with specialty or heavier threads.
- Loosen the presser foot ankle screw completely and remove the ankle. Place the Closed Free Motion Spring Foot around the presser bar, attach it with the screw.
Hint: Lower the needle a little bit to make it easier to place the metal guide on the foot in the right position on the needle clamp
- Thread your machine.
- Choose center needle position straight stitch.
- Set your HUSQVARNA VIKING® sewing machine to Free Motion Spring Action mode. The feed dogs will drop automatically.
Note: When the feed dogs are dropped, the fabric is no longer fed by the machine. You must move the fabric.
- Bring the bobbin thread to the top by taking one stitch. Hold on to both threads and sew a few stitches in place to begin.
- Maintain a consistent speed and move the fabric in a smooth motion. You are creating the length of the stitch as you move the fabric. Use the red markings on the foot as a guide.