With HUSQVARNA VIKING® Ribbon Feet Set you can easily create decorative ribbon embellishment. Three different feet will accommodate a variety of ribbons (from 6-13.5 mm). An instructional video, an inspirational slideshow plus a sewing project are on the CD included with the set.
Sewing using the ribbon feet
1. Use iron-on-stabilizer or tear-away-stabilizer to stabilize the fabric
when sewing. Depending on the thickness of the fabric, more
or less stablizer may be needed. Always test on a scrap piece of
the fabric you are using.
2. Thread the machine with thread that matches your ribbon.
3. Select straight stitch (other stitches might damage the presser feet
and/or cause the needle to break).
4. Choose Ribbon Foot 1, 2, or 3 depending on the width of your
ribbon. For best result, the ribbon should fill the slot in the
foot and still run easily through it. We recommend using
ribbons with even an thickness.
5. Thread the ribbon from the front through the slot in the foot Pull
out about 1" (2 cm) of the ribbon behind the foot.
6. Snap the foot onto the machine.
7. When sewing, place the ribbon over your shoulder or to the right
of the machine. It is very important that the ribbon flows easily
while you are sewing.
Free-motion sewing with ribbons
To free-motion stitch, your machine must have a special free-motion
function. This function is available for models in group 1 and 7.
1. Prepare the machine as described to the left.
2. Set the machine for free motion sewing (please consult your User’s
Guide for instructions).
3. Hold the ribbon end when beginning to sew. Guide the fabric lightly.
Turn the fabric to change sewing direction.
• Use light weight “flat” ribbons, for example, organza (ribbons
with coarse texture will not feed smoothly through the foot).
• For different looks, cut your own ribbons from fabric straight or
on the bias.
• When doing a spiral or a swirl, sew from the inside out.